Re: [FH] Oreo update and a dental question

  • Susan
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 9, 2012
      Hi dr Plasket;

      Oreo has only had 1 dose of the mirtazapine since his dental and that was the 2nd day after coming home when I had to assist feed him for 2 days to get him to eating again. Mirtazapine is not something I regulary give. As a matter of fact, he's only had it less than 5 times since January, so I can be pretty persuasive getting him to eat. He has been eating blended foods for a couple of months. I guess I wasn't clear in my post. He does look a bit nauseated, but if he really was, why would he still be eating his hard treats & pill pockets and NOT the cat food? I am going to try and get him in tomorrow for that bloodwork early just to make sure the dental didn't create an issue with his stabile Creatinine & Bun, that would just be terrible.
      But, hopefully, he's just having a bad few days. I sure wish they could talk & tell us if they're nauseated or something else...
      The pain meds, I don't give every day. He was on them prior to his surgery for mouth pain & that was .30mls every 8 hours. Here and there (not even every 2 days, like only 3 times since surgery) I have given him .10mls once or twice a day, but like I said, it's only been a couple times since surgery. Praying for a better day tomorrow. Thanks for your input.