Please Welcome Dr. Karen Plasket !!!

  • Westgold
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 5, 2012
      Hi everybody. I met a wonderful veterinarian yesterday who has a kitty with
      HCM. I invited her to join us here on this list, and she was very happy to
      accept my invitation.

      She's not a cardiologist, but has experience with her own Scottish Fold with
      HCM -- That's the same breed my Tigger is.

      I hope you'll all give Dr Karen a very very warm welcome --- it will be so
      wonderful to have a vet on this list!

    • elfinmyst@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 6, 2012
        Hello Dr Karen,

        Welcome to the list no one wants to join! I`m sure you'll find a lot of
        information and help and support here with your cat. Please post and tell us
        all about your kitty.

        :) Lyn

      • BubbaCat1@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 6, 2012
          Warmest Welcome to Dr. Karen and kitty! We look forward to sharing and
          learning with you both!

          Jo
          ___________________________

          In a message dated 11/6/2012 1:06:32 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
          westgold@... writes:

          Hi everybody. I met a wonderful veterinarian yesterday who has a kitty with

          HCM. I invited her to join us here on this list, and she was very happy to
          accept my invitation.

          She's not a cardiologist, but has experience with her own Scottish Fold
          with
          HCM -- That's the same breed my Tigger is.

          I hope you'll all give Dr Karen a very very warm welcome --- it will be so
          wonderful to have a vet on this list!

        • Kevin O'Lone
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 6, 2012
            Dr. Karen,

            Welcome to the group. Lyn said it perfectly.

            The group has been very helpful since I joined last month. I know you will have the same experience.

            Kevin

            Sent from my iPhone

            On Nov 6, 2012, at 6:22 AM, elfinmyst@... wrote:

            > Hello Dr Karen,
            >
            > Welcome to the list no one wants to join! I`m sure you'll find a lot of
            > information and help and support here with your cat. Please post and tell us
            > all about your kitty.
            >
            > :) Lyn

          • lorkatz2004
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 6, 2012
              Welcome Dr. Plasket! I am very glad to see you here and yet I am sorry you need to be here for your cat.

              Cathy

              > Hi everybody. I met a wonderful veterinarian yesterday who has a kitty with
              > HCM. I invited her to join us here on this list, and she was very happy to
              > accept my invitation.
              >
              > She's not a cardiologist, but has experience with her own Scottish Fold with
              > HCM -- That's the same breed my Tigger is.
              >
              > I hope you'll all give Dr Karen a very very warm welcome --- it will be so
              > wonderful to have a vet on this list!
              >
              > take care -- Michelle & Tigger Too in Toronto

            • Karen Plasket
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 6, 2012
                Hi Everyone,
                Thank you for the welcome! I wish I had known this group existed! I spent 10 years breeding and showing Scottish Folds, before deciding to go to vet school. My very first fold was diagnosed with HCM 5 years ago, congestive heart failure 3 years ago, and now renal failure. He just turned 17 last week. While he has seen several cardiologists, we are now managing him with his referring vet, who is able to perform echo's in his office.
                I look forward to learning from everyone, and hope I can contribute as well!
                Karen Plasket, DVM

                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 7, 2012
                  Welcome aboard!

                  I have a 19 year old DSH. He was diagnosed with a heart murmur as a kitten, hyperthyroid 6 years ago, radioactive iodine performed 5.5 years ago due to reaction to hyperT meds, CRF years ago, hypoT 2 years ago, heart failure/HCM a year ago. It is quite a tightrope walk, but he is managing well.

                  Stay calm and treat the cat (not just the numbers).

                  Carol and Gump