Re: [FH] Well, with the assisted feeding, at 25mls of food, he looked better than when I

  • mmayer11@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 30, 2012
      What were your vets thoughts on this? I know you talked to a vet tech. yesterday. Try to reach the vet today, if you haven't yet.
      Since he was happy to eat with your help, I'm guessing he still has residual pain in his mouth. Keep assist feeding until he gets his strength back. I would not be surprised if he does not poop for a few days. That often happens after surgery. You could add a tiny bit of canned pumpkin...unsweetened...into the food you are syringing. That will help get him regular. Or you could try a syrup of Slippery Elm Bark powder mixed with enough water to make a liquidy syrup. A teaspoon of that to start with, mixed in his food would also help.

      Marianna