Re: otro vomiting the morning after anesthesia

  • Lee Evans
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 29, 2012
      Of course report any occurrences like vomiting or foaming at the mouth to the vet but you don't have to worry too much.  Many of my cats who were spayed (I do TNR rescue) have had similar symptoms after waking up from the operation and they don't have any heart issues.  The spay/neuter clinics usually recommend not to feed for about 12 to 24 hours after anesthesia, allow water in cage though.  With teeth extractions, I have noticed that some cats just go right on and chow down when the anesthesia wears off, while some act like they were zapped and will sleep all day and night.  It's an individual thing but I can tell you that the more the cat has been stressed or frightened by having to go to the vet, the more he/she will sleep when the stressful situation is over.  Just like us.

      Spay and Neuter your cats and dogs and your weird relatives and nasty neighbors too!