Re: how LONG before the anesthesia wears off? its been 8 hours and hes

  • Susan
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 29, 2012
      Yes. To keep his stress level down and this was our 2nd attempt (his bp skyrocketed last time to 240, they stopped surgery) we did the surgery while the vet was closed. He stresses when he can't see me so I was holding him while we woke. He slept all night in his peaceful spot. Didn't give pain eds until this morning. He's definitly more awake and I could see he was in pain. But he was vomiting foam a couple times since 5 am. I gave him his scheduled ondansetron to help that. He's NOT interested in food at all or water. My husbad is home today, so he will keep a close eye on him and call the vet if necessary. Hoping today of resting will start to bring him back around. Thanks for ur post.