Re: [FH] Re: info regarding cautions against steroid drugs for heart cats

  • Dana McCormick
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 22, 2012
      Hi,

      My dog, Fred, was being treated for DCM. She was diagnosed when in failure. She had allergies where she chewed her hands raw. The board certified internist who was treating her prescribed Pred. I didn't know any better way back when. I only gave it to her once, at 8pm one night and she died the next morning. When I woke up she couldn't breathe and she died around 11am. Was I going to lose her? Yes, but not that day without the help of a Dr screwing up. So I would NEVER give any heart kitty any steroid.

      Dana