Re: Lucky

  • elfinmyst@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 19, 2012
      I am sorry to hear of Lucky. However, please don't listen to the prognosis.
      My Trixi was given 2 months to live when she was 12 weeks old. She is 6
      years old now. Milli was given 2 years at most as a kitten and is also 6 this
      year. With medications and careful treatment cats can, and do, outlive
      their prognosis. You have no idea when Lucky's time will be, so enjoy him
      every day and make the most of him.

      It's normal to be upset and worried. but Lucky will pick up that you are
      distressed and that will make him unhappy. Try and enjoy him, he has no idea
      whatsoever he is ill. He wants to purr and play and be as normal as
      possible. With time, you will get used to the diagnosis. He is lucky to have
      caring owner who has had his tests done and got him onto treatment. Heart cats
      only choose special people.

    • Laurie Stead
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 19, 2012
        I am sorry about Lucky's dx but I am glad you had the ultrasound done.  Only way to be sure you have the right treatment plan. I am not familiar with the meds prescribed outside of lasix so hopefully someone else here can speak to whether they are the best ones for Lucky's dx?

        My little girl does not have the same disease BUT she has the rarest form called DCM and was given 3mos tops.  I just wanted to reach out and say in 3wks Boo will have lived an entire year since her heart failure which led us to the dx.  So no one can tell you how long Lucky has.  Every cat is different.

        I know how daunting it is.... but try to stay hopeful and as best you can don't show Lucky your stress.  That was the best advice I received when I learned the news about my Boo.  My stress only stressed her out, we need to be strong for our babies. It helps them :-)

        We will say a prayer for both you and Lucky.
        Keep us posted on how you are doing.
        Laurie and Boo

        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 17, 2012
          Hi, I just wanted to thank you all for your words of encouragement and information. Unfortunately my Lucky took a turn for the worse, and i had to make a hard decision to put him down. I'm devastated by his loss, i miss him terribly. The house wont be the same without him. I know though, that i did all i could for him. I couldnt bear to see him in pain. He was only 6yrs young and i feel like i was robbed of his wonderful companianship. I will never forget what a speacial cat he was to me and my family. :((((((
        • Melina Isabegian
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 17, 2012
            Hello,

            My heart totally goes out to you for the loss of your boy Lucky  My precious boy Casper lost his battle to this horrible diseaase rcm few months ago, I understand how you're feeling.  It is extremely difficult disease to control from what most people mention from this website.  My Casper just lasted 2 months after diagnosig.  My heart is still broken and I miss him and love him more than can express.  But sharing and talking about the loss of your little Lucky does help completely anytime you want.  You loved him and did all you could, Just day by day, minute by minute it seems.

            Love & strength to you, melina

          • mmayer11@aol.com
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 17, 2012
              Dear Rose,
              Only 6 years young...how tragic to be stricken with this disease so very young.. I'm so very sorry to read of your loss of Lucky. It's impossible to predict when heart disease levels its fatal blow. You were very brave to spare him, knowing how much the loss of your beloved Lucky would hurt you.

              Marianna

              Hi, I just wanted to thank you all for your words of encouragement and information. Unfortunately my Lucky took a turn for the worse, and i had to make a hard decision to put him down. I'm devastated by his loss, i miss him terribly. The house wont be the same without him. I know though, that i did all i could for him. I couldnt bear to see him in pain. He was only 6yrs young and i feel like i was robbed of his wonderful companianship. I will never forget what a speacial cat he was to me and my family. :((((((

            • Mandy
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 17, 2012
                So sorry to hear about Lucky :-(

                I lost my beautiful Siamese 3 years ago to RCM its a dreaful disease, he lasted 2 months from being diagnosed, we too had to make the decision to put him to sleep,It wasnt easy and still think about him everyday. Hope your pain heels quickly and soon you can remember all the good times you had with him, you did all you could possibly to to make him comfortable. He was Lucky by name and Lucky by nature to have such caring family around him.

                Take care
                Mandy x

              • kpolone@aol.com
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 18, 2012
                  Rose,

                  I am so sorry to hear about Lucky. We were all hoping that Lucky would improve. It is really hard when we lose them but I think it is harder when one of them is so young. I lost one of my girls at 16 months old due to FIP. I still think about her all of the time. At least I get to a glimpse of her on Animal Planet when her episode of Cats 101 comes on. I still check the listings on the weekend. Her passing was just devastating. I can totally to everything that your wrotel as other on the group do.

                  Just remember you did your best for him. Anyone that comes to a group like ours for advice and support shows their commitment.

                  Hugs,

                  Kevin