anyone use supplements that have magnesium in them?

  • pray4animals
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2012
      Hello

      Anyone use supplements that have magnesium in them? Have you had any problems with urinary blockages etc.?

      I use cardiostrength and it might not have had anything to do with my kitty's issue this wekeend but I think he passed a stone. I brought him to the ER and the vet said he wasn't blocked. I am worried but I want to keep giving a supplement to help him.

      Thank you
    • Westgold

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 1, 2012
          how much is in there? I would ask my cardiologist about that --
          unfortunatley it is in the multivitamin "Cardiostrength". I really like it
          because it has all the supplements that are good for the heart until I found
          out they are putting in magnesium :(

        • elfinmyst@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 1, 2012
            Hi

            I used Cardiostrength in 3 cats for three years with no problems. A stone
            would be a build up of crystals, more like struvite which is form from the
            acidity of the urine. It can be worse with dried food as it is more
            concentrated.

            My 'blocked' cat needed special food for 3 months to correct this inbalance
            and had to go on wet food for life. You can have a urine sample tested for
            struvite and other crystals at your vets.

            :) Lyn