Re: update to *kitten with a grade 4 murmur*

  • elfinmyst@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 27, 2012
      Hello

      Well done for choosing your new kittens. It is absolutely vital he gets a
      heart scan immediately. My grade 4 heart murmur kittens were both very
      poorly and needed immediate treatment. Both had a prognosis of months , and have
      both reached their 6th birthday this year. That is due to early diagnosis
      and the correct drugs.

      He may have HCM, he may have a congenital heart problem, like hole in the
      heart. Both need different treatments. I had a kitten with each. Surgery is
      a risk to cats with heart disease, so you need to know what you are dealing
      with. The brother would have a risk of heart disease too unfortunately
      (50%) so you need to have his heart listened to and a scan for both if that is
      possible.

      I`m sorry this seems gloom and doom. Enjoy your kittens, heart kittens love
      to play like any other kitten. They don't know they are sick and want to
      be playful and loving. You've taken on a responsibility and all credit to
      you for that! I did exactly the same and would do so again without
      hesitation. I found my heart cats the mst loving and beautiful friends.