Re: [FH] Bailey and I thank you

  • karenborga@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 15, 2012
      I'm afraid of needles too.
      First I offer reiki to my cat and hold the covered needle in my hand as I envision the procedure going smoothly, we are giving sub q fluids to my cat, Snoop.

      After a minute of calm, it helps me to take a deep calming breath and let it all out. I sort of hold my breath.
      Then I muster up the courage to insert the needle.

      So far so good, Snoop has meowed a pinch complaint about 3 times out of 30.

      Keep calm, believe in yourself and remember you are helping Bailey. He knows you are filled with good intentions.
      Do you need any hair shaved off to make giving injections easier?

      I watched several videos on Youtube and learned a few good tips.

      Karen

      ****

      Last night I went to give him his injection and think I missed most of it. Talk about feeling like crap. I just prayed that my incompetence didn't put him at risk. I am afraid of needles and so I have been working hard to overcome it since we will be having injections every day. The first two days I was great but last night...not so much.

      Kimberly and Bailey

      Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile