Thank you for all your thoughts regarding Maya

  • jillym74
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5, 2012
      I wish I had the strength to write each and every one of you who has sent your thoughts and condolences, to thank you! It truly means so very much that you take the time out of your busy day to honor her.

      Maya had quite a personality and character, she was so smart too! She must have had 15+ different vocalizations that she did throughout a day. I knew what each meant and spoke them back to her. We were quite a duo. I still can't believe she is gone. I hope she was greeted into heaven by our Orwell who passed 3 months ago. I know Maya missed her.

      Something remarkable happened yesterday that I wanted to share. I live in CA, and it is always sunny and never rains in the summer. Yesterday was a gloomy day here, which fit my mood perfectly. In the afternoon I went outside to the garden where Maya would always talk and insist on my attention to her, rather than the plants. I see our neighbor kitty (maybe a stray though) was sleeping in the bushes. Maya would never allow for this as she has chased this cat out of our yard a few times. I sat on the ground and she came over to me and eagerly wanted me to pet her. It felt so good to pet her and she was loving it all. I was crying and my fiance came outside and was crying as well. Then it started to sprinkle. I knew then that it was Maya crying and I felt her presence through this cat. I think she knows that we are so lonely and this cat is also lonely. Truly a magical moment less than 24 hours after we said goodbye to Maya. There was another moment in the morning where I felt Maya shining the sun on me. We did love the outdoors and spent many years with each other there.

      With all of your support, and her presence, I am getting through this really difficult time. I will meet with her cardiologist tomorrow and hope to get more answers. I still feel a tremendous amount of guilt for her getting to the point she got to and her final hours being just awful. I am hoping her presence yesterday is her also saying she forgives me :)

      Sarah