We said goodbye to Maya tonight

  • jillym74
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2012
      Hi everyone-

      Tonight we had to say goodbye to our sweet little Maya. She was doing pretty good, but did have some rapid breathing which I stayed in touch with her cardiologist about. In any case, she had a good day today which is why this comes to us as such a surprise. As we were doing our usual TV time hanging out, her breathing became very rapid and she looked scared. Something I have not seen in her before. We took her to the ER and on the way I got the sense that she was in pain and beyond terrified. Well, the doctor informed us it is very possible she is getting the thrombosis (saddle back). I went to see her and I never expected to see what I saw. We made the decision to end her suffering.

      Maya is my 1st HCM kitty and I was preparing myself for the worst. Nothing though prepares you for when it actually happens.

      I have learned so much from this group and I am so grateful for this resource.

      Thank you for your information, caring and support. Wishing you and your kitties much health and happiness!

      Sarah