Accidental meds??

  • Lynda Doty
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 3, 2012
      I am not sure, but it is possible that Morelli ate Martha's food today, instead of Martha. Included in her food were budesonide, benazapril, and amlodipine--all low doses, but he surely doesn't need any of these meds! That's been almost an hour ago and I'm not seeing any change of behavior in him, but wonder---what should I look for? And for how long? How long before the danger is passed?

    • Westgold
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 3, 2012
        I am not familiar with those meds -- but I'd call the vet. I know that atenolol is perfecly safe if another cat gets it, I asked about that. They just have a lazy few hours until it wears off. But the others are more serious drugs I think