Re: Kitten with heart Murmur

  • elfinmyst@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 2012
      Hi Sharon

      I am sorry your kitten may have PDA, it is a congenital disorder in kittens
      and unfortunately not rare. She certainly fits the symptoms with her size
      and there is also a murmur the vat can hear. There is a blood vessel which
      is in the wrong place and she needs surgery to close the extra blood
      vessel. This can be done by a cardiologist or an animal hospital or university.
      It can be diagnosed by an ultrasound and once surgery is complete, the
      prognosis is excellent.

      Please see this link for information.

      _http://www.petplace.com/cats/patent-ductus-arteriosus-in-cats/page1.aspx_
      (http://www.petplace.com/cats/patent-ductus-arteriosus-in-cats/page1.aspx)