Re: [FH] Prognosis for my Cat im very worried.

  • Lynda Doty
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2012
      Did they do an echocardiogram? That is how my cat was diagnosed with HCM. I strongly recommend that you take your cat to a cardiologist. That's the only way you're going to find out what's really going on.

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Blessings,
      Lynda, Martha, Morelli & Angel C.B.

      My 2 and a half year old male Cat had difficulty breathing last week so I took him straight to the vets. They put him straight into intensive care and diadnosed him with Pythorax, he was tested for everything but it all come back negative, appart from they found he has heart disease, as slight enlargement called cardiomyopathy. He has been put on Marbocyl 5mg, Frusecare 40mg, Fortekor 2,5mg, and gave his prognosis as guarded, though the receptionist did reveal to me when I spoke to her on the phone later that his prognois was poor. Can anyone reasurre me that things will be ok? Im very worried, he's eating really well, though he did come back from the vets very thin, just trying to build him up. Has anyone been given such a diagnoses and their cat lived a long while. He's an indoor only cat, I also have another cat. Any hope anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated.

    • elfinmyst@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2012
        Hello

        I am sorry to hear of your cat. Please don't listen to the prognosis as
        your kitty certainly won't. I have several cats diagnosed with HCM as kittens.
        Trixi was given a few months to live when she was aged 12 weeks and she is
        5 years old now. Milli was given 2 years at most when she was 12 weeks and
        she is aged 6 now. With medication, HCM can be stabilised for a long time
        and the progression slowed.

        No one can predict how long your kitty will survive. There are plenty of
        cats here who survived for years. But enjoy your cat and make the most of
        every day, heart cats are special needs kitties. Don't show you are stressed
        as they pick up on it.