Re: [FH] Prognosis for my Cat im very worried.

  • Westgold
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2012
      You need a full work-up with a cardiologist immediately -- that's the only way to know for sure exactly what is going on, and if those meds are the right ones.
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2012
        Did they do an echocardiogram? That is how my cat was diagnosed with HCM. I strongly recommend that you take your cat to a cardiologist. That's the only way you're going to find out what's really going on.

        ~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Blessings,
        Lynda, Martha, Morelli & Angel C.B.

      • elfinmyst@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 1, 2012
          Hello

          I am sorry to hear of your cat. Please don't listen to the prognosis as
          your kitty certainly won't. I have several cats diagnosed with HCM as kittens.
          Trixi was given a few months to live when she was aged 12 weeks and she is
          5 years old now. Milli was given 2 years at most when she was 12 weeks and
          she is aged 6 now. With medication, HCM can be stabilised for a long time
          and the progression slowed.

          No one can predict how long your kitty will survive. There are plenty of
          cats here who survived for years. But enjoy your cat and make the most of
          every day, heart cats are special needs kitties. Don't show you are stressed
          as they pick up on it.