Re: [FH] Re: Deeper breaths?

  • r schu
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 15, 2012
      I'm no expert on heart, but isn't 36-40 breaths per minute on the high side for normal?  May was above that and labored when she was in chf.  But when she's awake now, I consider 36 high.  Usually she's around 29-33 waking, and lower sleeping.

      I know different cats are different, but just thought I'd ask.

      I hope Moe is doing well tonight!

      -Lee and May

      --- On Sat, 7/14/12, Laurie Stead <kittykatwhiskas@...> wrote:

      Hi,

      I was basically going to give the same advice as Lyn.  I would never change meds without speaking to the cardiologist first.

      Laurie

      -- On Sat, 7/14/12, elfinmyst@... <elfinmyst@...> wrote:

      Hi

      I don't want to worry you but Trixi's only sign of heart failure (she had a heart attack) was deeper breathing. Her breaths were pulling in her chest  muscles. If there is any change like that I would go to the vet for advice or at  least ring them. I wouldn't increase the atenolol, he is on the normal dose and  his blood pressure may drop too low which is dangerous.

      I would contact his vet today.