Blood Clot

  • catgirl07202000
    Message 1 of 35 , Jan 5, 2002
      Hi, My little girl of 14 years developed a blood clot in her right
      back leg yesterday. One minute she was fine and another she was
      draging her back right leg. I immediately took her to a Emerg.
      Clinic and they monitered her all night. First thing in the morning
      I took her to my Vet and they got me a Cardo. Appointment. I met
      with them on the same day and they did a Echocardiogram. She had no
      signs of enlarged left atrial englargement, but had a slight right
      enlargment. They checked for broken bones and did blood work. They
      don't think that it is heart problems, but they have no idea why she
      clotted. They have me giving her half an asprin twice a week and vit.
      B every day. I have not seen her eat, but she had a poop incident.
      She has pretty much stayed on the bed sleeping since yesterday.
      Without use of her hind leg at the moment, how will she go to the
      bathroom.

      I am so scared that she won't get the use of her leg back. I don't
      know what to do. I am so worried that they won't be able to find out
      why she clotted and it will happen again. I don't want to lose her.
    • WENDY LAMB
      Message 35 of 35 , Mar 11 9:23 AM
        Victoria,

        I read your excellent post with great interest. I have a 9 month old with mild to moderate HCM. He is on Adenolol. This is the only thing the cardiologist prescribed, besides a follow up scan in 6 months. I want to be doing everything I can do for my little guy. Would I be helping him to add CoQ10 and/or bilberry to his meds? Is there anything else I should do? He has very little indication of a problem, except for some lethargy on occasion.He was initially diagnosed due to a 3 murmur. He is eating Wellness diet, half adult and half lite since he tends to be a bit chubby:) . Thanks so much for sharing your experiences. Your kitty was so very lucky to have had you.

        Wendy L and Tiger