Update Martha vet

  • Lynda Doty
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 4, 2012
      I have really appreciated all your responses and encouragement. Thank you! They helped so much as I was sitting in the vet's office yesterday with nothing to do but sit and "worry." That was so cool, about how we not only didn't have to wait but were whisked right back--early!  i think I'm in limbo right now with Martha because of this holiday. Nothing I can do but wait and pray and watch her. She is not wanting to eat again this morning, and of course she gets her meds in her food. it's never bothered her before so I don't think the meds is the cause, it's her appetite. I am starting her on meth B12 but they have not arrived yet. They are due tomorrow and I won't be home, which means they will sit in the hot mailbox for a couple of hours. I'm afraid they'll be spoiled.     Martha has not hidden in a long time but she is hiding today. I had to put all the beds on the floor to keep her and Morelli from meeting under there and getting into a fight in
      close quarters. But I recently bought a new wing chair for my bedroom and she hides under that. I don't bother her because I figure she's doing what she needs to do. But I HATE it when they hide!     I guess getting the lab results tomorrow will tell a lot. When she walks today, there is a loud clump, clump when her little feet take their steps. I can't stand seeing this. Vet said yesterday that, from the tests he did, he doesn't think she is in pain with this neuropathy. Can't swear to it of course, but her responses to his tests did not seem to indicate pain. For that I am so thankful. I have neuropathy and the pain and burning get so horrible at times. I am hoping it is different for cats. Morelli is concerned about her, you can tell. He stands and watches her, very still, his eyes large. He does the same thing when she throws up. He's keeping his eye on her (not necessarily what Martha wants) and when he can't find her, he goes all over the house
      looking. He is such a sweet boy.

    • Westgold
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 4, 2012
        Hi-- so glad to hear she's hanging in there. Ask your vet about an appetite stimulant when you see him tomorrow -- cyproheptadine works wonders -- and also join the yahoogroup for assisted feeding. They will have all kinds of suggestions for you. We are all praying for you & Martha -- hang in there!