Re: [FH] Martha to Vet Update

  • Westgold
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 3, 2012
      I am glad they did such a thorough checkup. I am sure that many of her problems can be helped. If she has peripheral neuropathy, B-12 will help that greatly. If she has that, it probably means uncontrolled diabetes -- I can help you with that. That's my area of expertise. You should join the assisted-feeding group. If she needs insulin, you must give food with every insulin shot. Ratty appearance may not be caused by any specific condition, it may just mean that she isn't feeling well and doesn't have the energy to groom herself.

      All that matters is her quality of life. If she still eats and wants to interact with you and is not in pain, then she's not ready to leave yet. Talking about this is also so difficult, but we are blessed that we can give this final gift to our precious pets when the time is right, so they do not suffer.

      We're here for you -- and all praying for you and dear Martha --