Re: [FH] Re: [CRF] May - atenolo dosing?

  • r schu
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30, 2012
      Not sure if I asked this already, but I'm thinking of filling the script for atenolol and having it ready just in case.

      Cardiologist prescribed 6.25mg twice a day. How does that dosing sound to folks here?

      I asked vet this morning, before things got a bit worse, and she said wait til she's eating better before atenolol.

      Thank you!

      -Lee and May
    • r schu
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 30, 2012
        L-Danyielle,

        I'm good under pressure, not alarmed, just tired and worried.

        She is sometimes in meatloaf sort of, sometimes hind legs stretched out, sometimes half way between, so not totally good, but mostly not totally bad either.

        -L and M
        --- On Sat, 6/30/12, harris.rose@... <harris.rose@...> wrote:
        Lee,

        You are not inept. We are all like this when we have a new diagnosis, we're wrecks. That's what's so wonderful about the groups, they can guide us.

        HOW is May laying? Does she ever lay on her side? Is she laying on her front and back legs only? This can give you a hint also as to how her heart is doing. Only laying on her front and back legs means she's uncomfortable. Laying on her side will mean she's comfortable for now.

        Count breaths ONLY WHEN SHE IS RESTING AND NOT PURRING.

        Of course her heart rate goes up when she's purring or eating or doing anything "but resting". You are going to make yourself more stressed if you count breaths at the wrong time. Actually I just remembered the groups always reminded if I'm stressed I'm stressing the cat because they are so sensitive. So it was a great reason for me to learn to slow down and relax, though hard.

        I have a friend that usually has to say to me BREATHE DAM IT. And yes she does capitalize it for me for emphasis. I forget to breathe and I get more stressed.

        We're here for you. I'm loving this conversation, learning a lot. Love this group, thanks everyone.

        L-Danyielle