Re: Need Some Advice

  • Nancy
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 9, 2012
      Thank you everyone who replied to my post. Cathy, her potassium was 4.3 (normal). The thought crossed my mind for arthritis, then I saw the articles on saddle thromb., but no, thankfully, she does not seem in any pain at all. So I am going with the arthritis too. She has an appointment on 6/20 and I will run it by the vet. Although I will be buying the supplement to treat in the meantime. So odd that it's in the morning. Well thank you all! I am feeling a bit better and she just ate quite a nice dish of canned food and is resting comfortably. Nancy
    • mmayer11@aol.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 9, 2012
        Nancy,
        So glad you will check with her vet. If it's arthritis, it is common for it to be far more painful in the morning before the blood and joint fluids get moving...very common for all afflicted, humans and animals. Not at all odd.

        Marianna

        Thank you everyone who replied to my post. Cathy, her potassium was 4.3 (normal). The thought crossed my mind for arthritis, then I saw the articles on saddle thromb., but no, thankfully, she does not seem in any pain at all. So I am going with the arthritis too. She has an appointment on 6/20 and I will run it by the vet. Although I will be buying the supplement to treat in the meantime. So odd that it's in the morning. Well thank you all! I am feeling a bit better and she just ate quite a nice dish of canned food and is resting comfortably. Nancy

      • Carol
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 9, 2012
          hi Nancy,

          You know... I see how it might be considered to be an old age, arthritic condition, especially if she recovers within a short time after she gets up from laying down for a while, but if I was at all concerned about any heart condition, especially a saddle thrombosis, which is what my angel Snowball died from, I think I'd get her checked out just to be sure. I know it's a lot of money to spend, but for me, with heart kitties, I'd want to know for sure what's going on. I would at least run it by your vet or if you have a cardiologist, even better.

          Carol and Angel Snowball
          and the gang

          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 11, 2012
            Can someone pleasse send me the two end of life poems that have circulated here? I have a dear friend who just lost her kitty and I can't find them...thank you...Judi and Angel Max