Sam is at the Rainbow Bridge

  • elfinmyst@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 8, 2012
      Hello all

      My lovely silver tabby boy, Sam, passed this afternoon. He was diagnosed
      with moderate HCM 6 years ago and has done well on fortekor and frucimide
      during these years. Unfortunately last November Sam was knocked down by a car
      and has had a slight limp since. Yesterday he started with breathing
      difficulties and we gave frucimide, and this morning he was worse and looked very
      ill.

      The vet took Xrays and found that Sam had a ruptured diaphragm which we
      hadn't known about that had obviously torn and got worse. A lot of his
      abdominal contents were in the chest cavity and pushing on his lungs. After a
      heartbreaking decision we declined what would be major surgery in a very
      poorly cat with HCM and he peacefully passed in my husband's arms with the
      children having chance to say a goodbye. He is buried in the garden he loved so
      much.

      He can now join Toby and Arnie and Tessie at the bridge. His twin, Josh and
      the others got to see him and say goodbye. I am heartbroken.

    • Wendy
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 8, 2012
        Lyn,

        So sorry to hear about your loss.  I hope you find some comfort in knowing that Sam is free of a body that could no longer support his beautiful Soul.

        Take care~
        Wendy

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 8, 2012
          Dear Lyn,
          I'm so very sorry to learn of Sam's passing today. You have certainly had an awful lot of loss this year. My thoughts are with you.

          Marianna

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 8, 2012
            Oh Lyn, I am so sorry.  So much loss in such a short time.  You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

            Kathy and the Kitty Kids

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 8, 2012
              Lyn, I am so very sorry to hear about Sam. Please know there are many prayers with you now as you go through this.

              ~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Blessings,
              Lynda, Martha, Morelli & Angel C.B.

            • Mandy
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 8, 2012
                Dear Lyn & Family

                I am so sorry to hear about Sam, it's never an esay desicion to make, but you did the right thing for Sam, my thoughts are with you and your family, take care xx

                Mandy

                > Hello all
                >
                > My lovely silver tabby boy, Sam, passed this afternoon. He was diagnosed
                > with moderate HCM 6 years ago and has done well on fortekor and frucimide
                > during these years. Unfortunately last November Sam was knocked down by a car
                > and has had a slight limp since. Yesterday he started with breathing
                > difficulties and we gave frucimide, and this morning he was worse and looked very
                > ill.
                >
                > The vet took Xrays and found that Sam had a ruptured diaphragm which we
                > hadn't known about that had obviously torn and got worse. A lot of his
                > abdominal contents were in the chest cavity and pushing on his lungs. After a
                > heartbreaking decision we declined what would be major surgery in a very
                > poorly cat with HCM and he peacefully passed in my husband's arms with the
                > children having chance to say a goodbye. He is buried in the garden he loved so
                > much.
                >
                > He can now join Toby and Arnie and Tessie at the bridge. His twin, Josh and
                > the others got to see him and say goodbye. I am heartbroken.
                >
                > Lyn

              • MAUREEN FOGG
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 8, 2012
                  Oh Lyn,
                   Im so sorry about your little boy Sam,  It is so hard to make that decision but
                  you did what was best for him.  He will be with you always, and when you are
                  still, you will feel the sparkle of his spirit with you. Take comfort with your
                  other babies and console each other.
                  So sincerely sorry,
                  Maureen and Angel Yuki.