Re: [FH] Saying goodbye

  • Anne Watson
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 5, 2012
      Pooh Bear is a pooh bear! you couldn't have picked a more perfect name.
      Remember, you have to earn a cat's love and respect. We are among the lucky
      ones that were able to find our feline soulmates.

      Thank you again!

      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 17 8:09 AM
        It is with great sadness that I have to announce that we will be letting our dear sweet Blackie go today. She is 18.5 years old and is succumbing to the horrible mix of kidney and heart disease. It has been a rough year for our family.

        We lost our bird, Boo of 24 years in July, and then we lost sweet Gracie in September. Now, just a short 4 months later, we are having to say good-bye to Blackie, Gracie's litermate.
        We are needless to say quite devastated.  I thought that we would have Blackie for a lot longer, but once those diseases start to progress, there's little that one can do.

        I want to thank every one on these lists for the advice and council through the years.  The pain of these losses is great and at this point, I will leave these lists and spend the necessary time mourning our loss. I don't know that i will enter into pet ownership again or at least not for a very long time. One has to be prepared for the pain and the cost at the end and both have been staggering.  My best to all of you.
        Hugs to all your fur babies

        Judy
      • gypsyrose190
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 19 6:45 PM
          So Sorry for your loss of Blackie.. Prayers for your family
          Janet, Grey and Angel T
        • createpeace2
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 21 11:30 PM
            Judy,
            I'm so sorry to hear about Blackie. Hoping that all the good memories will help your family through this difficult time.

            Cindy, Basil, and Sage