Re: [FH] A Cat's Will

  • keycmv
    Message 1 of 21 , Jun 5 3:36 PM
      My Buddhist coworker helped me through my Margie's lymphoma. She lasted 13 truly wonderful months and passed just before her 18th birthday.

      My friend was always there for me. She would place my name and Margie's name in her prayer box. She would never have done chemo, but I chose chemo for my girl. She also said that chemo was in the cards for Margie, because my girl had chosen me to be her mom.

      Just after we found out about Margie's cancer, we adopted two kittens from PetCo. We already had 5 other cats at home, in addition to Margie. We REALLY didn't need 8 cats.

      Ironically, we lost Margie and two other girls within a two weeks period. So, we are down to 5. And there is such harmony in our household right now. Makes you believe that things happen for a reason.

      Carol
    • Westgold
      Message 2 of 21 , Jul 21, 2013
        A Cat's Will

        Before humans die, they write their last Will & Testament, giving their home
        and all they have to those they leave behind. If, with my paws, I could do
        the same, this is what I'd ask...

        To a poor and lonely stray I'd give:

        - My happy home.
        - My bowl & cozy bed, soft pillows and all my toys.
        - The lap, which I loved so much.
        - The hand that stroked my fur & the sweet voice which spoke my name.

        I'd Will to the sad, scared shelter cat, the place I had in my human's
        loving heart, of which there seemed no bounds.

        So when I die, please do not say, "I will never have a pet again, for the
        loss and pain is more than I can stand."

        Instead, go find an unloved cat, one whose life has held no joy or home and
        give MY place to HIM.

        This is the only thing I can give -- The love I leave behind.
      • Wendy Solem
        Message 3 of 21 , Aug 20, 2013
          I feel so sad that Westgolds opinion sounded so harsh the other day, I know that it
          wasn't meant to at all,

          Everything on this site is said out
          of love and I know that the advise voiced was too.
          I look at some some of the older postings, and it just seems to me that whatever was said, however it was meant or taken was surely out of love!

          I think one of Westgolds prior posts will prove it!

          This is one I refer back to often - the heart is is in the right place!
          (and I adopted Jackson the rescue kitty with this very much in mind)!

          Wendy

            Message 5 of 21 , Apr 10, 2014
              I love this Michelle! how true re: how many unloved cats need us.

              Josie

              To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com