Re: [FH] Saying goodbye

  • MAUREEN FOGG
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 5, 2012
      What a beautiful tribute to your sweet Spike girl.  Thank you for writing the
      feelings that so many of us share yet cannot find the words.  Spike will always
      be with you.  Her spirit is intertwined with yours.  Sometimes you will feel the
      sparkle of her presence.  Im so sincerely sorry for your loss.  Take care of
      yourself
      Maureen and Angel Yuki

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 5, 2012
        I am so sorry for your loss of Spike. I had that special relationship with my Max who passed last year and it was gut wrenching watching him go. I can tell you that while your love for Spike will never be gone, or the rawness of the memory, that you will remember her fondly and without crying in the future...and just be totally grateful for all the love you had for 16 years. She may still be nearby...the buddhists think that our souls stay nearby for 2 weeks, and we felt we "saw" or felt Max a couple of times very distinctly, so maybe you will have one more moment with her. Big hugs to you...nothing will help right now, just put one foot in front of the other and keep going, knowing you gave her total love and she gave the same to you...Judi and Max

        To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 5, 2012
          Hi -- I am so sorry to hear about your little girl. But she was very blessed to be your kitty, you took such good care of her, especially during her illness. In return she gave you all her love. She's healthy and young again and waiting for you at the Bridge. I know we will see our little friends again.

          When you feel up to it, please put her photo and story on our memorial site, http://www.AngelKitties.com -- we'd all love to see her, and learn how you met, etc. All kitties are welcome, no matter how long they have been in heaven.

          take care -- Michelle, Susie Q & Tigger Too in Toronto

        • Westgold
          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 5, 2012
            Oh thank you for posting Spike's photos and memorial on AngelKitties.com --
            she was just lovely! It is so nice to be able to see the kitties we talk
            about on this list. I feel like I've known Spike for a long time! They
            say that in time the good memories will overshadow the sad ones -- and it
            does happen, but it takes quite a while in my experience. I still mourn my
            precious soul-kitty Pooh Bear even tho he's been gone for 7 years. (you can
            see his picture on that site too.) But I know in my heart that we will see
            them again!

            take care -- Michelle, Susie Q & Tigger Too in Toronto
            I can't tell you how very touched I am by all these emails. The love and
            support has been phenominal. I have posted Spike's pictures on
            AngelKitties. I hope you enjoy looking at them as much as I do.

            Hugs.
            Anne

            > Hi -- I am so sorry to hear about your little girl. But she was very
            > blessed to be your kitty, you took such good care of her, especially
            > during her illness. In return she gave you all her love. She's healthy
            > and young again and waiting for you at the Bridge. I know we will see our
            > little friends again.
            >
            > When you feel up to it, please put her photo and story on our memorial
            > site, http://www.AngelKitties.com -- we'd all love to see her, and learn
            > how you met, etc. All kitties are welcome, no matter how long they have
            > been in heaven.
            >
            > take care -- Michelle, Susie Q & Tigger Too in Toronto

          • Michelle
            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 5, 2012
              What a beautiful, precious little girl. Thank you for sharing her with us.

            • Anne Watson
              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 5, 2012
                Pooh Bear is a pooh bear! you couldn't have picked a more perfect name.
                Remember, you have to earn a cat's love and respect. We are among the lucky
                ones that were able to find our feline soulmates.

                Thank you again!

                > Oh thank you for posting Spike's photos and memorial on
                > AngelKitties.com -- she was just lovely! It is so nice to be able to see
                > the kitties we talk about on this list. I feel like I've known Spike for
                > a long time! They say that in time the good memories will overshadow the
                > sad ones -- and it does happen, but it takes quite a while in my
                > experience. I still mourn my precious soul-kitty Pooh Bear even tho he's
                > been gone for 7 years. (you can see his picture on that site too.) But I
                > know in my heart that we will see them again!
                >
                > take care -- Michelle, Susie Q & Tigger Too in Toronto

              • JUDY GOTTLIEB
                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 17
                  It is with great sadness that I have to announce that we will be letting our dear sweet Blackie go today. She is 18.5 years old and is succumbing to the horrible mix of kidney and heart disease. It has been a rough year for our family.

                  We lost our bird, Boo of 24 years in July, and then we lost sweet Gracie in September. Now, just a short 4 months later, we are having to say good-bye to Blackie, Gracie's litermate.
                  We are needless to say quite devastated.  I thought that we would have Blackie for a lot longer, but once those diseases start to progress, there's little that one can do.

                  I want to thank every one on these lists for the advice and council through the years.  The pain of these losses is great and at this point, I will leave these lists and spend the necessary time mourning our loss. I don't know that i will enter into pet ownership again or at least not for a very long time. One has to be prepared for the pain and the cost at the end and both have been staggering.  My best to all of you.
                  Hugs to all your fur babies

                  Judy
                • gypsyrose190
                  Message 8 of 13 , Feb 19
                    So Sorry for your loss of Blackie.. Prayers for your family
                    Janet, Grey and Angel T
                  • createpeace2
                    Message 9 of 13 , Feb 21
                      Judy,
                      I'm so sorry to hear about Blackie. Hoping that all the good memories will help your family through this difficult time.

                      Cindy, Basil, and Sage