Re: Saying goodbye

  • carolroars
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 4, 2012
      I'm so very sorry to hear about Spike. I can feel how painful this was for you. I now how much it hurts. My heart goes out to you. I'll light a candle for Spike tonight.

      Sending you gentle hugs,
      Carol and the gang
    • Pablo Frank
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 4, 2012
        thanks for share

        To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com
        From: whiggywatson@...
        Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 03:37:17 +0000
        Subject: [FH] Saying goodbye

        Saturday night, I had to say goodbye to my companion of 16 years. She came to us after I had lost my mother and she had managed to make me smile when all else had failed. So, I'd like to give her a bit of a tribute to anyone who cares to continue reading, but really this is for her - and me.

        Spike, I know the tears will one day leave my eyes and never will there be another like you. Some will say you were just a cat and you can always get another one. What they don't understand, is that when you passed, a piece of me went with you. Because you were a part of me - the best part. You softened me when I felt hard and cold. You melted me as I gazed into your eyes. You inspired me when there was none. Need I say it - you completed me.

        If you're still reading and your cat has been diagnosed with heart disease or renal failure, or like Spike - both - be ever so cognizant of your cats patters, breathing, weight . . . And patience. Please, please - have patience and shower them with love. It will be a rocky road but that love can extend their lives. The vet was amazed she lived a comfortable, happy life 6 months longer than expected.

        I miss you baby, but I know the thirst is finally gone and you can sleep peacefully at last.

      • Laurie Stead
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 5, 2012
          I am so so so sorry to hear about Spike.  I do believe these babies are brought into our lives for a reason, and it sounds like Spike and you saved each other. I hope in time the sweet memories you have of Spike and knowing he is free of discomfort will begin to replace the heartache you feel now.

          <<hugs>>
          Laurie

          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 5, 2012
            What a beautiful tribute to your sweet Spike girl.  Thank you for writing the
            feelings that so many of us share yet cannot find the words.  Spike will always
            be with you.  Her spirit is intertwined with yours.  Sometimes you will feel the
            sparkle of her presence.  Im so sincerely sorry for your loss.  Take care of
            yourself
            Maureen and Angel Yuki

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 5, 2012
              I am so sorry for your loss of Spike. I had that special relationship with my Max who passed last year and it was gut wrenching watching him go. I can tell you that while your love for Spike will never be gone, or the rawness of the memory, that you will remember her fondly and without crying in the future...and just be totally grateful for all the love you had for 16 years. She may still be nearby...the buddhists think that our souls stay nearby for 2 weeks, and we felt we "saw" or felt Max a couple of times very distinctly, so maybe you will have one more moment with her. Big hugs to you...nothing will help right now, just put one foot in front of the other and keep going, knowing you gave her total love and she gave the same to you...Judi and Max

              To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com

              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 5, 2012
                Hi -- I am so sorry to hear about your little girl. But she was very blessed to be your kitty, you took such good care of her, especially during her illness. In return she gave you all her love. She's healthy and young again and waiting for you at the Bridge. I know we will see our little friends again.

                When you feel up to it, please put her photo and story on our memorial site, http://www.AngelKitties.com -- we'd all love to see her, and learn how you met, etc. All kitties are welcome, no matter how long they have been in heaven.

                take care -- Michelle, Susie Q & Tigger Too in Toronto

              • Westgold
                Message 7 of 13 , Jun 5, 2012
                  Oh thank you for posting Spike's photos and memorial on AngelKitties.com --
                  she was just lovely! It is so nice to be able to see the kitties we talk
                  about on this list. I feel like I've known Spike for a long time! They
                  say that in time the good memories will overshadow the sad ones -- and it
                  does happen, but it takes quite a while in my experience. I still mourn my
                  precious soul-kitty Pooh Bear even tho he's been gone for 7 years. (you can
                  see his picture on that site too.) But I know in my heart that we will see
                  them again!

                  take care -- Michelle, Susie Q & Tigger Too in Toronto
                  I can't tell you how very touched I am by all these emails. The love and
                  support has been phenominal. I have posted Spike's pictures on
                  AngelKitties. I hope you enjoy looking at them as much as I do.

                  Hugs.
                  Anne

                  > Hi -- I am so sorry to hear about your little girl. But she was very
                  > blessed to be your kitty, you took such good care of her, especially
                  > during her illness. In return she gave you all her love. She's healthy
                  > and young again and waiting for you at the Bridge. I know we will see our
                  > little friends again.
                  >
                  > When you feel up to it, please put her photo and story on our memorial
                  > site, http://www.AngelKitties.com -- we'd all love to see her, and learn
                  > how you met, etc. All kitties are welcome, no matter how long they have
                  > been in heaven.
                  >
                  > take care -- Michelle, Susie Q & Tigger Too in Toronto

                • Michelle
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jun 5, 2012
                    What a beautiful, precious little girl. Thank you for sharing her with us.

                  • Anne Watson
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jun 5, 2012
                      Pooh Bear is a pooh bear! you couldn't have picked a more perfect name.
                      Remember, you have to earn a cat's love and respect. We are among the lucky
                      ones that were able to find our feline soulmates.

                      Thank you again!

                      > Oh thank you for posting Spike's photos and memorial on
                      > AngelKitties.com -- she was just lovely! It is so nice to be able to see
                      > the kitties we talk about on this list. I feel like I've known Spike for
                      > a long time! They say that in time the good memories will overshadow the
                      > sad ones -- and it does happen, but it takes quite a while in my
                      > experience. I still mourn my precious soul-kitty Pooh Bear even tho he's
                      > been gone for 7 years. (you can see his picture on that site too.) But I
                      > know in my heart that we will see them again!
                      >
                      > take care -- Michelle, Susie Q & Tigger Too in Toronto

                    • JUDY GOTTLIEB
                      Message 10 of 13 , Feb 17, 2015
                        It is with great sadness that I have to announce that we will be letting our dear sweet Blackie go today. She is 18.5 years old and is succumbing to the horrible mix of kidney and heart disease. It has been a rough year for our family.

                        We lost our bird, Boo of 24 years in July, and then we lost sweet Gracie in September. Now, just a short 4 months later, we are having to say good-bye to Blackie, Gracie's litermate.
                        We are needless to say quite devastated.  I thought that we would have Blackie for a lot longer, but once those diseases start to progress, there's little that one can do.

                        I want to thank every one on these lists for the advice and council through the years.  The pain of these losses is great and at this point, I will leave these lists and spend the necessary time mourning our loss. I don't know that i will enter into pet ownership again or at least not for a very long time. One has to be prepared for the pain and the cost at the end and both have been staggering.  My best to all of you.
                        Hugs to all your fur babies

                        Judy
                      • gypsyrose190
                        Message 11 of 13 , Feb 19, 2015
                          So Sorry for your loss of Blackie.. Prayers for your family
                          Janet, Grey and Angel T
                        • createpeace2
                          Message 12 of 13 , Feb 21, 2015
                            Judy,
                            I'm so sorry to hear about Blackie. Hoping that all the good memories will help your family through this difficult time.

                            Cindy, Basil, and Sage