RE: [FH] A Cat's Will

  • Judi Levens
    Message 1 of 21 , Jun 4, 2012
      Hi Wendy; we went through the same thing...rescued an agressive cat a year ago after our Max passed with HCM and took our hearts away. This boy, Tucker, has been a challenge, but he gets better every day and we are so glad to have him. It's a different relationship than we had with Max...I feel that we are helping him and he is helping us and it's a great synergy. Just now he is "demanding" (vocally) to be let outside, and we did let him go yesterday...a start in a new change in all our lives, but something whose time had come. (We are able to keep a cat in our yard pretty much if we just keep an eye on a couple of places.) Good luck to you with your new rescue...I know you will be glad you helped him and he will help you heal. Once you've loved an animal it is very hard to live without one!take care, and big hugs...Judi and Angel Max and Tucker

      To: wsolem3@...; feline-heart@yahoogroups.com
      From: westgold@...
      Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 12:06:41 -0400
      Subject: Re: [FH] A Cat's Will

      How wonderful!! Your new kitty is so grateful to be rescued, and as soon as he adjusts, he will give you all his love forever. What a lucky boy -- he couldn't have chosen a better Mom than you.

      Message 2 of 21 , Jun 5, 2012
        My Buddhist coworker helped me through my Margie's lymphoma. She lasted 13 truly wonderful months and passed just before her 18th birthday.

        My friend was always there for me. She would place my name and Margie's name in her prayer box. She would never have done chemo, but I chose chemo for my girl. She also said that chemo was in the cards for Margie, because my girl had chosen me to be her mom.

        Just after we found out about Margie's cancer, we adopted two kittens from PetCo. We already had 5 other cats at home, in addition to Margie. We REALLY didn't need 8 cats.

        Ironically, we lost Margie and two other girls within a two weeks period. So, we are down to 5. And there is such harmony in our household right now. Makes you believe that things happen for a reason.

        Carol
      • Westgold

          Message 4 of 21 , Aug 20, 2013
            I feel so sad that Westgolds opinion sounded so harsh the other day, I know that it
            wasn't meant to at all,

            Everything on this site is said out
            of love and I know that the advise voiced was too.
            I look at some some of the older postings, and it just seems to me that whatever was said, however it was meant or taken was surely out of love!

            I think one of Westgolds prior posts will prove it!

            This is one I refer back to often - the heart is is in the right place!
            (and I adopted Jackson the rescue kitty with this very much in mind)!

            Wendy

              Message 6 of 21 , Apr 10, 2014
                I love this Michelle! how true re: how many unloved cats need us.

                Josie

                To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com