Re: [FH] How to give nattokinase?

  • elfinmyst@aol.com
    Message 1 of 14 , May 31, 2012
      Hi

      I give one of the 2000FU pills once a day as a preventative. Natto, aspirin
      and plavix all help to prevent clots but I would have thought the vet
      would put your cat on heparin for the first few days after a clot. And
      painkillers if kitty is in any pain, a clot can be very painful.

      I would visit a cardiologist as soon as possible for an echocardiogram to
      see the heart. They can tell if there is a risk of clots and would advise on
      treatment, most likely plavix and aspirin. Is the paw warm? If it is cold,
      that means the clot is still blocking and the leg tissue may start to die.
      I would get a cardiologist appointment at the earliest opportunity and see
      the vet immediately if the paw is cold.