RE: [feline-heart] Sub-q fluids and enemas

  • shelley seidman
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2, 2002
      Your Widgie is so lucky to have a human willing to
      fight her..please don't blame ourself. This is a
      rollercoaster, you make the best choices possible.
      Shelley
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 3, 2002
        I had taken Widgie
        > > the vet because she was constipated. They gave her
        > some
        > > fluids...not a huge amount...and an enema. That
        > night
        > > she went into Congestive Heart Failure

        When my 2 yr. old cat was in Congestive Heart Failure
        after checking out OK 2 months prior when he got his
        shots, he was extremely constipated and that was what
        caused the emergency vet to look for what had caused
        his GI tract to shut down. So it seems that the
        constipation is a symptom of heart failure, I do not
        think that the enema caused the heart failure in your
        case. I think once the heart gets to a certain point
        there is a very poor prognosis and throwing clots,
        extreme lethargy, and low body temps are some of the
        signs.

        Susan

        http://greetings.yahoo.com