Re: Is anyone's cat with HCM on both Lovenox and Plavix?

  • alana.wirth114@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2012
      Hi,
      My cat was diagnosed with HCM and a huge clot in his left atrium. We gave him the shots of fragmin but it was starting to bother him to get the shots and it became such a traumatic event for everyone involved. It was also going to be about $360 a month!! We talked to the vet who said they also use aspirin for cats in his position so we switched over. He gets 1/4 a tab of baby aspirin every other day which costs about $2 every other month at the most- and it's just a pill. It won't dissolve the clot but neither will the other blood thinners so hopefully it will stay where it is (right now it's stuck to the wall of the chamber)

      Sent from my iPhone