Re: [FH] Oscar isn't up to snuff.....

  • Laurie Stead
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 19, 2012
      Karen,

      I am so sorry you are going through so much at once.  Your story of what happened with Oscar is identical to what happened with my Boo, also a Russian Blue.  She was diagnosed in Nov after suffering CHF, and was hospitalized for several days in oxygen.  I have been so fortunate in that Boo takes her pills like a champ, she actually begs for them.  If Oscar is not interested in food this may not work but figured I'd throw it out there.  I use a small portion of a pill pocket with one of Boo's favorite crunchy treats.  I use just enough of the pill pocket to cover the pill and have a sticky base to attach a crunchy treat.  She loves the treats so gobbles it down, pill and all.

      I sure hope Oscar begins to be interested in food again.  Keep us posted.

      Laurie and Boo