Re: [FH] Introdue Rainbow Newly Dxed with CRF and Heart Murmurs Grade II - Advic

  • elfinmyst@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2012
      This was for group...:)

      Hi Lyn and Michelle,

      Thank you both for kind response and very informative advice and tips!

      Rainbow's first lab showed his T4 at 2.2 a grey zone for senior cat like
      him, so we had a Free T4 test a month later, which comes back normal.
      FreeT4-ed (ng/dL) at 2.1 reference is 1.2 - 4.3 ng/dL and Free T4-ed (pmol/L)
      27.0 refernce (15.4 - 55.3 pmol/L). So, I was told he is not hyer-T.

      His blood pressure is 130, 110, 110, 120. BUN came down to 33 from 58 and
      Cre at 1.8. But his potassium is low at 3.6, and is currently taking
      supplement for it. The vet we visited gave us some herb med for his kidney and
      CoQ10 for his heart. He had a urine analysis and culture last Saturday, I am
      still waiting for the results to come back.

      His breath seems lighter than before as I tried to count and had hard time
      doing it. So I am hoping it's just infection.

      As far as heart disease, is there always an underlying cause ?

      Thanks again for your advice and input,

      Diana