Re: [FH] Introdue Rainbow Newly Dxed with CRF and Heart Murmurs Grade II - Advices Pls

  • Westgold
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31, 2012
      Hi ---- if heart disease is suspected, an echocardiogram done by a cardiologist is the ONLY way to tell the exact status. If he does have heart disease, the cardiologist can prescribe the correct meds. Regular vets just do not have the experience to do the best job for a kitty with heart disease. If Rainbow is accumulating fluid, there are drugs that you can give at home. In a real emergency, like over 40 breaths per minute resting, they can drain fluid manually and make it easier for your kitty to breathe. To properly handle both of Rainbo's problem together, you really need to see a cardiologist. Please keep us informed, we'll do everything we can to help you. Where do you live?