Re: new member: Jeffrey

  • elfinmyst@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 29, 2012
      Hi Nancy,

      I am sorry to hear of Jeffrey. His blood pressure is terribly high and he
      will almost certainly need something for that. It will put strain on his
      heart, risk his sight and cause kidney problems if untreated. I've never known
      a blood pressure so high. Normal is around 130,

      Steroids are very dangerous for cats with heart disease so I understand
      your concerns. The inhaled medications will be fine, but I would question the
      prednisolone and ask if there is an issue with his slight heart disease. It
      sounds as if he has very early cardiomyopathy and steroids can push cats
      into heart failure.

      However he needs medications for asthma, so I understand your difficulty.
      Is there an inhaled version of prednisolone?