Re: New member introduction- Alfie

  • elfinmyst@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 5 6:48 AM
      Hi kate

      I am sorry to hear about Alfie. The medications will help his heart and
      make it easier for it to pump. Alfie needs the diuretics because he is in
      heart failure and that needs to get under control as soon as possible.The
      diuretics will help with that and he has the aspirin to prevent clots.

      None of my cats have what Alfie has, it sounds an unusual problem. You need
      to watch his breathing, anything at rest over 30 is a warning sign, but
      also anything that's different from his usual breathing as well.

      I hope he feels better on his medications. What dose of diuretic is he on?