Re: New member introduction- Alfie

  • Julia
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 4, 2012
      Hi Kate,
      I am sorry about your Alfie, hopefully the meds will help him. I am a new member too and wanted to know what did they actually do to diagnose this? Just because I'm not sure if my cat really has asthma or a heart issue, I'm trying to figure that out.
      Thank you,
      Julia and Dante'

    • elfinmyst@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 5, 2012
        Hi kate

        I am sorry to hear about Alfie. The medications will help his heart and
        make it easier for it to pump. Alfie needs the diuretics because he is in
        heart failure and that needs to get under control as soon as possible.The
        diuretics will help with that and he has the aspirin to prevent clots.

        None of my cats have what Alfie has, it sounds an unusual problem. You need
        to watch his breathing, anything at rest over 30 is a warning sign, but
        also anything that's different from his usual breathing as well.

        I hope he feels better on his medications. What dose of diuretic is he on?