Dexamethason usage - cortisone eye drop - Side Effects

  • Banu Korgul
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 1, 2012

      Hello,
      Isnt there anyone using/tried to use/was prescribed w this med?

      btw, the vet who had given Aslan the depomedrol shot in Dec was indeed a cardiology professor. Actually probably the only one.
      (I am not planning to give any cortisone orally or via injection (if not an emergency etc) anymore)

      But..

      His sight is getting worse, he has retinal detachment.
      And this eye drop may be his only chance while he can still seize light.

      Please share any info you have
      Thanks

    • elfinmyst@aol.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 2, 2012
        Hi

        The only eye creams my cats have used are optimmune and antibiotic ones.
        The optimmune was a steroid but Arthur doesn't have HCM. I`m sorry you are
        facing this choice, what does the cardiologist think? I honestly wish I could
        give some advice but I'm not sure what I`d do if it were my cat.

        I hope someone replies soon for you.

        Lyn.