Re: [FH] Dexamethason usage - cortisone eye drop

  • Banu Korgul
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 1, 2012
      As it says in the link provided, the eye drop is 5ml bottle with 1% dexamethasone in it..

      I stopped using it for now , until I hear from this group.. But his condition can be irreversible if not treated asap..

      Can someone ask her/his vet please? But please state that Aslan has dilated cardiomyopathy not HCM ..

      Thanks

    • Banu Korgul
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 1, 2012

        Hello,
        Isnt there anyone using/tried to use/was prescribed w this med?

        btw, the vet who had given Aslan the depomedrol shot in Dec was indeed a cardiology professor. Actually probably the only one.
        (I am not planning to give any cortisone orally or via injection (if not an emergency etc) anymore)

        But..

        His sight is getting worse, he has retinal detachment.
        And this eye drop may be his only chance while he can still seize light.

        Please share any info you have
        Thanks

      • elfinmyst@aol.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 2, 2012
          Hi

          The only eye creams my cats have used are optimmune and antibiotic ones.
          The optimmune was a steroid but Arthur doesn't have HCM. I`m sorry you are
          facing this choice, what does the cardiologist think? I honestly wish I could
          give some advice but I'm not sure what I`d do if it were my cat.

          I hope someone replies soon for you.

          Lyn.