Re: [FH] Preventative?

  • Toby Jones
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 28, 2012
      I'd see a vet and talk about Plavix...

      ________________________________
      From: Adriane <feralkkitty@...>
      To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, February 27, 2012 3:58 PM
      Subject: [FH] Preventative?

      Hi, Last June I lost my cat, Bear, to the throwing of a clot. (I don't know the exact term for that).

      Today his brother, Teddy, is acting a little strangely and I noticed that he was shaking his back leg a little while ago. I've not seen him do it since or before that, and he maybe shook it 3 or 4 times.

      He ate like a horse but he seems a little aloof the past day or two, which is very unlike him.

      As you can imagine, I'm pretty paranoid now about Teddy having what Bear had. I don't want to run to the emergency vet - with Bear, he was there two days before he threw the clot and the doctor's didn't see it on the xrays anyway.

      But, if I start giving him 1/2 a St. Joseph's baby aspirin tonight, will that hurt or help?

      He's about 14 pounds - a big orange Maine Coon.

      Hopefully I'm just being over protective and he's okay, but now every little thing my cats do comes under scrutiny by me for fear of losing them.

      Thanks.

      Adriane