Re: Preventative?

  • elfinmyst@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 28, 2012
      Hi Adriane

      I would see your vet and ask for a referral to a cardiologist. Teddy has a
      50% chance of having the same heart disease as Bear and he would need an
      ultrasound to tell what was wrong with his heart. Have you noticed any
      difference with his breathing?

      I would ask a vet's advice about the aspirin, 1/2 is a large dose, it's
      normally given as a 1/4 every three days. Aspirin is toxic to cats and an
      overdose would be very dangerous. If you think there is a chance of a clot,
      check the paws to see if one feels cold and look for limping or dragging of
      the foot.

      But the only way to tell if Teddy is at risk is the ultrasound.

      A safe drug to dissolve clots already there is Nattokinase (with the
      vitamin K removed like Doctor's Best). That's a food supplement available on
      Ebay or at the health shop.

    • Toby Jones
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 28, 2012
        I'd see a vet and talk about Plavix...