Re: [FH] Flare up again

  • elfinmyst@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 22, 2012
      Hi

      A steroid shot can send a heart kitty into CHF in a frighteningly fast
      time. They are a definite no no unless it is a life threatening emergency. The
      inhaled steroids are much much safer and cats learn to tolerate them well.
      I would use that in the case of asthma in my cats.

      The other thing is if asthma only flares once a year, around this time, the
      wheezing may be due to hacking up a furball. Mine wheeze and hack in the
      spring and then settle down once moults are complete and many furballs are
      lying on the floor.

      Ask about the inhaled steroid. It's safe.