Sunshine.,..6 month checkup

  • LeeAnnC
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 14, 2012
      Hi,,
      Sunshine was diagnosed in sep after having a tooth pulled and went into auto immune anemia..when given sub qs and they didn't absorb we knew there was an underlying heart problem...that tooth extraction probably saved her life because we never would have known.
      Her 6 month checkup today was GREAT! The cardiologist said the heart looks fantastic and whatever we are doing keep it up.
      I just lost my 11 yr old last week to squamus cell oral cancer so needless to say i was a wreck today waiting for this ultrasound...Luckily things look good.
      Sunshine is on lasix..enalapril and vetmedin.
      The cardilogist said that a 6 month checkup in a cat is like 3 1/2 yrs comapared to a human...interesting fact i didn't know.
      I just wanted to post the good news...after the couple of months i have had with my other cat this was well received...thank you!
    • elfinmyst@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 16, 2012
        Hello

        I am sorry you lost your older cat last week. My thoughts and prayers are
        with you.

        What excellent news for Sunshine! Vetmedin to me is the most wonderful drug
        and has been a life saver for two of my cats. It sounds like you are doing
        everything right and she is now well and stable.