Re: RE:(Oreo/2nd opinion CRF & hypertrophic cardiomyopathy since 6wks old)

  • Susan
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 9, 2012
      No- CHF, that has been mentioned. they "state" after the echo-& I routinely got those througout his 15 years, that his heart has remained "unchainged", but that there is "suspect" of normal progression within a year out, thats what the ekg report states.

      OK, so if I understand you correctly, if there's NO PROTEIN in the urine, there you don't think we need to use it, but if there IS protein in the urine, then it's good to add to ghis daily meds. ?

      If thats the case, we aren't doing a repeat urinalysis for another 2.5 weeks. I can call her back & ask EXACTLY the reason we are using it, other than what she said that it "helps" to reduce the pressure on the kidneys...Again, "I" took the drug for MY blood pressure, lol, but other than that, Im glad you responded because I am a trying to stick by the rule that "less is more" on the medications end...I want to keep him off as many meds or lowest dosages possible for now...