Re: Advice Needed Please!

  • keycmv
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 8 4:40 PM
      First of all - breathe. We had a similar incident with our boy Gump over the holidays. He's had a heart murmur since he was a kitten, but never knew about a heart "condition." He turned 18 in August.

      He collapsed and was gasping to breathe, glazed eyes, grey gums, and non-responsive. We thought were were rushing to the vet to let him go.

      They ran all kinds of tests to find out whay was going on. But all they did for his condition is to put him in an oxygen tent and put him on Lasix to reduce the plueral effusion. Within 48 hours, he was back home and resting. He is on Lasix and benezipril.

      He has regulated his own activity - he seems to know when to slow down. It's been 6 weeks and he's doing great.

      Here's keeping a positive outlook that Tigger will also do fine and come home soon.

      Carol