Re: HCM and FUN - can they coexist?

  • elfinmyst@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 24, 2012
      Hi

      I agree absolutely with michelle. My cats were diagnosed as young kittens
      and at first we were terrified to play with them. But kittens want to play
      and someone here on the forum said those immortal words Michelle quoted
      about kittens here for a good time, not a long time. Since then we have played
      and played. Laser pens, catnip toys, crinkled up paper, and chase. They
      seem to know when they've had enough and rest more quickly than the healthy
      kittens but their eyes light up and they love playtime. It's a joy.

      If they show signs of open mouth breathing or gasping it's time to stop.
      Mine run up and down stairs and I know they could die of heart failure at any
      time but I want them to have the most normal happy life possible. Sick
      children wouldn't be denied toys or fun and neither would cats want to. Let
      him play a little if you can. Yes, there's a risk, I wouldn't deny that, but
      I wouldn't deny them their fun either.