Rabies Vaccine

  • Diana Anderson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 18, 2012
      Hi
      I just want to point out that some states require cats to have this vaccine either yearly or every 3. I also have to sign a statement that my kitty has not bitten anyone in the last X number of days (cant recall the number exactly)

      My sweet Happy was only with us for about 2 years and he did have his rabies vaccine during that time without incident.
      Being indoor only and having no other cats it was the only vaccine he was given.

      It is true that a bat can get indoors, it happened at my mom's house several times and personally I just feel better knowing they are protected from rabies. Sadly bats may not be much of an issue anymore here in the northeast with the massive die-off (mortality rates near 100%) from white-nosed syndrome.
      I would rather have hundreds of thousands of bats that the mosquitoes that will thrive without this natural predator