Re: [FH] ok to receive annual vaccines

  • joanne marbut
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 15, 2012
      My cat's cardiologist said that as long as the cat isn't sick the day he receives vaccines, or as long as it's not just after an episode or the cat isn't already weak and its health compromised (which would be true of any cat at the time of the annual exam) he's fine to get them.  My cats-one of whom has HCM-no longer get the Feline Leukemia shot since they are indoor cats. But they get a distemper combo shot which is good for three years and the annual rabies shot.  Distemper is air borne and can come through doors and windows and on you so they need that shot.  And while they may not encounter other animals if you keep them indoors, they could encounter bats in the house which might have rabies. Good luck!