Re: Yuki - Idea to add Fortekor

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 3, 2012
      My cat takes 1 fortekor 2.5 mg tablet daily (1/2 of tablet in morning and half at night)...i haven't seen any side effects in mine...i give the flavored fortekor ,,,he has been taking it since they found out about his heart disease last september

      --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "maureen.fogg" <maureen.fogg@...> wrote:

      > Any input as to whether adding Fortekor to Yukis regimin will help her out? Trying to get her to a spot where we can lower the lasix. Are there any others out there who give high Forketor and Pimobendan and Lasix ? What are the side effects?
      > Thank You
      > Muareen

    • Jim Kelly
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 3, 2012
        He's just under 5 kg  or 9.7 lbs so he gets 1 tablet per day split into 2 doses

      • elfinmyst@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 4, 2012
          Hi

          Both my Milli and Trixi take pimobendan and fortekor and Trix has for years
          with no side effects at all. She does have low blood pressure but that's
          caused mainly by the atenolol.

          Both pills are flavoured with beef and get scoffed easily.

        • MAUREEN FOGG
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 4, 2012
            Lyn,
            Thank you. Yuki has normal blood pressure (normally) but it is low with all the
            lasix.  Do you think there is a possibility that her lasix could
            be reduced once I add fortekor?  How heavy are your kittys and how much do
            they take? Yuki has lost so much weight - my main concern
            is that she will eat even less on a new drug.  (She has gone from 12 lbs less
            than a year ago to 9.1 currently)
            Thanks again.
            Maureen