Re: [FH] Re: Yuki - Increased Lasix worries

  • Jim Kelly
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 3, 2012
      yes...my injection bottle says 50 mg furesomide per ml... so .25 ml is 12.5 mg
      of lasix.. injections tend to work faster then  the same amount by pill

      the thing i don't understand is the gagging after drinking...unless hes gasping for breath..but if his lungs don't have  much fluid in him...why would he be gagging...
      The most important thing is the xray ...so all you can go by is what it shows and increase his lasix...
      but does fluid in lung cause gagging after drinking...i don't know..ive never encountered that.....maybe hes drinking too quickly from thirst due to the lasix causing him to gag...

    • MAUREEN FOGG
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 3, 2012
        Yes - I almost think she is inhaling water into her lungs because she is
        drinking so fast that she is choking.  It quiets down after a while and she
        stops choking.
        Then just goes back to sleep.